Thursday, March 15, 2012

this is where I am.

The world is constantly changing, and sometimes it's hard to keep up.
I feel like I can go from extreme highs, to utter confusion in a matter of seconds.
Those around me become more and more two-faced, and you never know who you can trust.
I find it easy to look back on times where complete bliss was in my life, 
or looking to the future to picture my life being nothing less than perfect.
The problem is, I'm not in the past, and my future hasn't happened yet.
Though I choose to act like everything was perfect then, or could be perfect in the future..
it wasn't and very likely won't be.
I am here
and that's where I need to be happy.
I need to be happy today.
I need to be grateful today.
I need to live with no regrets, right now.
  
"There is a danger in the word 'someday' when what it means is 'not this day." 
Though things may throw me through loops, and trials will come across that seem impossible, 
by choosing this day to be happy, I am choosing to better myself, right now. 
So this is me choosing at this very moment to accept the challenges, the stupid heartache, the sadness, everything. 
This is me choosing to be happy where I am, right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment