Friday, April 26, 2013

all or nothing.

Do you ever put a lot of effort into a friendship and feel like you get absolutely nothing in return? I'm not saying.. like actual things, just that you don't get any friendship in return. Or if you do get the slightest bit, you just feel like it is a pity friendship. Like the other person feels like since you are asking about their life they HAVE to ask you about yours? 
Maybe I'm the only one, and maybe I'm just being a poor me, baby.
But even if I am, I've decided I'm DONE with those friendships. Sorry.. If you are that friend, you will be pushed aside. I only need people surrounding me that bring me up, that WANT to be a part of my life, and that don't pity me in any way, shape, or form. Friendship is a two way deal. Lately I have realized that majority of my friends are that exact person. It serves neither of us. I find myself going out of my way time and time again to not even get a "thank you" in return. NO, I'm not a perfect friend in any way.. and it isn't that they have always been that friend, just our lives change, priorities change, fair enough..but.. don't make me feel guilty for pushing you out of my life, when you've had me on the outside of yours for months.
I want people in my life that want to be there. I will love them forever.. and try to keep up.. But why would I waste my time keeping up on someone who sadly, has too many others things on their mind before me. 
This may sound  childish.. but I don't mean it in that way. 

I'm just saying.. it isn't worth it anymore. 
Love you forever..  but it's time for me to focus my energy somewhere else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment