Monday, September 30, 2013

the influence series 1

The Influence Series is a way for me to share my love and thank those that have blessed my life. For more of a description about the series read HERE 

Have you ever met someone that speaks to your soul? You meet them and part of your life just makes sense. They say something and it makes you feel whole. 


That is who Charlotte has become for  me. 

Charlotte is my mothers, cousin, and is wise beyond years. I couldn't think of anyone better to start this blog series out with. I'm not sure how this admiration I have for her, fell into place.. I just remember seeing her and thinking, "That is someone I will strive to become more like." At her fathers funeral, years ago, she simply hugged me and whispered words to me that have literally shaped my life. She is someone that believed in me, for reasons beyond me. I don't know why she was so kind to me, (a young, awkward girl,) but that is who she is. She brought light, advice, and loving words that made me feel as though I was worth gold. That I could accomplish everything and anything I could ever dream of. She was one of the first people I told, while still in high school, that I wanted to volunteer in Ecuador. She calmed me of all my hesitations and fear of a different country, as she had been there and volunteered years ago. She reminds me so much of my Grandpa Dan in the way that what ever I aspire to do, she stands behind. She exemplifies intelligence, wisdom, and has experienced so much of the world. Somehow her words slip through my ears and speak right to my soul. Though I rarely see her, her influence and example guide me every single day. There truly isn't a day that I don't think of the kind words and belief in me that she as blessed me with. I don't think she realizes how deeply her words and simple care and love for me have done. I love you Charlotte, and cannot explain the guidance you have blessed me with. The world needs more people like you. Thank you for believing in me.
 I aspire to be half of who you are, someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment