Tuesday, October 22, 2013

glowing stars.

Do you ever sit on  your bed at the end of a long day, thinking over every detail from the prior hours. What happened to make you feel so happy, sad, confused. Questioning why you didn't get more done, or call that friend you've been meaning to catch up with. Do you stare at the glow in the dark stars on your ceiling and think "what more could I have done today?" Do you think about your freshly brushed teeth and how you left the water running longer than you should have, and realize how many people in this world PRAY to see clean, running water, someday. Do you check social media and think about the amount of time you waste, staring at meaningless things. Do you remember how much you judged your neighbor for posting the words that they did. Does your mind trace back not just to the earlier hours, but the past week. Do you think about what you ate last Sunday, or even what you ate for breakfast today. Did I eat breakfast. Then somehow your mind thinks how did I get here. Not only to this bed, but this life. How did my life turn into this very moment. How did I turn into this version of me. How did I manage to lose trust in all those that surround me. How did I forget to be grateful. How did I look past someone that needed me. How did I lose my best friends. How did I forget to do my laundry. How did I forget to put away that sleeping bag that has been sitting at the bottom of the stairs for three days now. How did I forget to smile at that stranger. How did I become so alone. How did I forget to love. How do these things happen so quickly, that I don't realize it until I'm staring at the glow in the dark stars on my ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment