Sunday, December 15, 2013

usa.

As I sat in my kitchen singing along to some Justin Bieber, with my sister.. I started thinking.. surprising, right? Similar things have come across my mind lately. These are basically all thoughts of anger. His song says "Hey, can you tell me how I can make a change... Ohh I got a vision to make a difference, and it's starting today" and he goes on to sing about these sad circumstances we have around us. No, I'm not writing this to call out Justin Bieber, I'm writing it simply because I think we live in a pathetic country. 

We live in America, home of the:
-Ten million dollar bra
- 300 million dollar budget for multiple movies
- Over 400 people, worth anywhere from 1 billion to 72 billion dollars
- Lottery that you can win 400 million dollars from
and so on..

Are any of these things bad? Are any of them taking away from our country? No, probably not. Do almost all of those 400 people that have over one billion dollars, most likely help out, give back, and make a difference? Maybe. Are any of those people known for their good works? Are any of them known to be inspirational, giving, or selfless? Maybe. Is that why they are famous, rich, or successful? 

I am not claiming to know what good deeds these people do.. whether it be the richest man in the United States or the unbelievably lucky soul that won the mega lottery. Though I will give them all the benefit of the doubt and I sure do hope that they are all secretly scheming a way to end poverty or world hunger.. you don't hear on the news or read the head liners "So and So gave back," "This billion dollar man made a difference" "THESE PEOPLE CHANGED THE WORLD." Maybe they have so many bills for their 42 vehicles, maybe Victoria's Secret HAS to make a ten million dollar bra.. because that is all they have ever dreamed of... and maybe the 300 million dollar budget for Pirates of the Caribbean changed the world. And Justin Bieber, maybe your net worth of 130 million dollars is only enough to help a little here and there. 

Tupac once said "I feel like there's too much money here. Nobody should be hitting the Lotto for 36 Million when we got people starving in the streets. That is not idealistic. That's just real. That is just stupid. There's no way that Michael Jackson or whoever Jackson should have a million thousand droople billion dollars and then there's people starving. There's no way! There's no way that these people should own planes and there people don't have houses. Apartments. Shacks. Drawers. Pants! I know you're rich. I know you got 40 billion dollars, but can you just keep it to one house? You only need ONE house. And if you only got two kids can you just keep it to two rooms? I mean why have 52 rooms and you know there's somebody with no room? It just don't make sense to me. It don't." 

The individuals that are successful in this world, deserve it. I honestly believe that when you work hard, it pays off. But how.. how can you live with millions of dollars, floating around you, day in and day out, look outside of your life, and see the heartache, poverty, and awful circumstances there are. There are people that don't have clean water. There are people that will only dream of going to school. There are kids that raise themselves because they don't have a family or home or anything to call their own. Why is it always the people scraping by, themselves, that want to give the most. It makes me so mad that I have so many people in my life that want to help.. but they can't afford to help. So yeah, these billion dollar people, these ridiculous items we are creating here in the US, yeah.. they are awesome. They are making history.. but when is someone going to step up and open their eyes. I dream of a day that someone will be selfless enough to make a difference. I dream of a day that there will be someone on the news that I will honestly be able to look up to. I dream of a day that I won't have to fear what my kids will grow up to idolize. I dream of a day that I will be filled with hope, because of what someone has done. 

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to a lifetime of standing by you, trying to help make a difference, like you've mentioned. The thing is, we are capable of it. Within us is a drive, regardless of how wealthy, able, strong we may or may not be, simply having a desire and that passion inside to step up and influence CHANGE, is HUGE. You, through writing about these things that are close to your heart, you influence who knows how many people, to begin looking outside of themselves, and think of someone else, even if for just a moment. THAT is already making a difference. You already make a huge difference, and will continue to do so.
    Consider me on your side, because there's a big big world to save. I'll join the cause. I love you Ann.

    ReplyDelete